Whose that crazy Chicken Lady?

My photo
Thank you for stopping in! I am Christian married to Mr. Awesome, who is my Helpmeet and cheerleader. We are a blended family of 5 kiddos and 2 beautiful Grandbabies! I am Domestic Abuse survivor/DV Advocate, Lyme Disease Warrior, avid crafter, blogger, vlogging, budding Herbalist,Birth Junkie, growing our own food, lover of dusty treasures and all around goofball.

Translate

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Hobby Lobby and me!

Ok, I have been having an affair from afar with Hobby Lobby! GIGGLE! Terry and I went there for a little gift for someone. IN and OUT!? NAH! As we began walking through the first aisle, Terry clearly saw that this was not just a quick grab and go trip. I couldn't help myself! There was glass that sparkled, shined, crackled, antiqued, and bejeweled! I OOOHHHH'd and AAAHHH'd! My eyes were as big as saucers!

I'm a person that has to touch EVERYTHING! I'm terrible, I love touching things with textures, rough, super soft, you name it. And of course anything with a button is not sacred! I push buttons and pull things that make sounds. I love the tinkly sounds of windchimes, bells, and what have you. That loud annoying sound? Yup! That's me! I know I am worse then the kids. I ended up with a cart full of goodies from the clearance aisle. Secret Pal's started again so I had gotten some cute little things for my pal! A few things for projects I have been thinking about starting.  I am super excited to get working!

Prior to Hobby Lobby we went to a Resale shop called Elaine's off Broadway on the fringe of Lake Ridge/Gary. They expanded the store and they have great treasures! I found a few vintage forks that I have some plans to craft with. Sheets of music for decoupage, children's books that I will both use for decoupage, making purses out of and framing. I also found a few things to post on eBay or Etsy. 

I did find 2 things I was looking for a bit, a Waffle Iron ($5) looks brand new with a box! and Pasta maker ($7) in a box looks awesome. I can't wait to use them! WAHOO!

Now I'm off to dream of my favorite store... Hobby Lobby...

No comments:

Post a Comment