Whose that crazy Chicken Lady?

Translate

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The "Be" Series

Words can play a powerful role in one's life. Words can uplift, support, encourage and hurt. Words are such so vital in our daily lives, all it takes is one word to make or break someone. Rather then thinking negatively, I like to focus on how to reword or think of more positive words to include in my life.

Coming from a family violence background it has really amazed me at how powerful simple words can be! I became so wrapped up in the negative words that were thrown at me/us that I lost sight of the positive outlook in both my life and myself as a person!

Stick and stones right? But cutting, mean spirited words such as Stupid, Ugly, Dummy and cursing at a child can really bring down one's esteem. Hearing such words not only sets the tone for the rest of the day but for the rest of one's life in some cases.

It has taken me over a year to realize that I am not stupid, lazy, ugly, fat, a few racial slurs and more! I am a smart woman! I am positive! I am strong! I am goofy! I am creative and I can "Be" anything I set my mind to!

Hence, my "B" series on my FB and now Twitter. The "Be" series is a reminder that one can "Be" positive and enjoy life. One can "Be" a cheerleader to someone else by just smiling and saying one word or a few! What a great way to change someone's bad day or to give inspiration! Be inspiring today! Be positive! And don't be afraid to Be yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment