Whose that crazy Chicken Lady?

Translate

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Shrinky Dinks and me

Oh what fun I had with these growing up! Who didn't do Shrinky Dinks? Well if you didn't have the chance it's time to start a romance with this time treasured craft! Ok, so I've updated it a bit and still tweeking. I have upgraded since once using my colorbooks and waiting patiently with my nose almost glued to the little window, while I watched them magically twist, puff and turn!

You got it! I still do that! Well at least I'm less conspicous about it now...

I hauled out my rubber stamps, pads, hole punch and some sand paper. If I recalled back in the day if you colored your Shrinky Dinks the color would adhere better if you sanded the plastic first. So I did! I am not sure if I would do that again, but it did give a cool look to the finished product.

I stamped, colored a bit and then stuck them in the oven- 325 for 1 to 3 mins. And for giggles I threw in some cut and slice cookies! They did their magic and VIOLA! Of course I thought about it and realized what was I going to attach my creations to?

After careful thought, I raided my growing stash of t-shirts and sheared off a bit (1/2"). I choose blue and cream colored tee's. Oh and I added some lace for softness. I proceeded to hit my junk vintage jewelry pile, jump rings and needle nose pliers. After a bit of imagination I have a necklace! I'm pretty please with it. Tomorrow I will model my creation for you! I hope to make a few more for etsy. Have fun!


I used the Clear plastic, the store was out of the white but no worries. I'm happy with how they turned out!

Now I'm not a Stamper. I muddled my way through stamping. I only have black and brown for color. Wish I had gold or silver...

Forgot to take a picture before I threw them in the oven on the cookie sheet! Don't forget to add corn starch or a little flour so they don't stick. I'm thinking parchment paper should be ok to use, correct me if I'm wrong... They may get too sticky. Sounds like a science project!


I cut off the waist on my t-shirts so I didn't have to sew anything. Yes, I cheated! I used the arms to snag smaller circles to use for my bows.

Wondered when I was going to use this found fundangle!

A couple of vintage jewelry pieces that were calling out to me to use!

I ended up cutting the ends from my cream tee. I cut them for fringe on the ends. I really like how it turned out, but the true test will be tomorrow! Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment