Whose that crazy Chicken Lady?

My photo
Thank you for stopping in! I am Christian married to Mr. Awesome, who is my Helpmeet and cheerleader. We are a blended family of 5 kiddos and 2 beautiful Grandbabies! I am Domestic Abuse survivor/DV Advocate, Lyme Disease Warrior, avid crafter, blogger, vlogging, budding Herbalist,Birth Junkie, growing our own food, lover of dusty treasures and all around goofball.

Translate

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Shrinky Dinks and me

Oh what fun I had with these growing up! Who didn't do Shrinky Dinks? Well if you didn't have the chance it's time to start a romance with this time treasured craft! Ok, so I've updated it a bit and still tweeking. I have upgraded since once using my colorbooks and waiting patiently with my nose almost glued to the little window, while I watched them magically twist, puff and turn!

You got it! I still do that! Well at least I'm less conspicous about it now...

I hauled out my rubber stamps, pads, hole punch and some sand paper. If I recalled back in the day if you colored your Shrinky Dinks the color would adhere better if you sanded the plastic first. So I did! I am not sure if I would do that again, but it did give a cool look to the finished product.

I stamped, colored a bit and then stuck them in the oven- 325 for 1 to 3 mins. And for giggles I threw in some cut and slice cookies! They did their magic and VIOLA! Of course I thought about it and realized what was I going to attach my creations to?

After careful thought, I raided my growing stash of t-shirts and sheared off a bit (1/2"). I choose blue and cream colored tee's. Oh and I added some lace for softness. I proceeded to hit my junk vintage jewelry pile, jump rings and needle nose pliers. After a bit of imagination I have a necklace! I'm pretty please with it. Tomorrow I will model my creation for you! I hope to make a few more for etsy. Have fun!


I used the Clear plastic, the store was out of the white but no worries. I'm happy with how they turned out!

Now I'm not a Stamper. I muddled my way through stamping. I only have black and brown for color. Wish I had gold or silver...

Forgot to take a picture before I threw them in the oven on the cookie sheet! Don't forget to add corn starch or a little flour so they don't stick. I'm thinking parchment paper should be ok to use, correct me if I'm wrong... They may get too sticky. Sounds like a science project!


I cut off the waist on my t-shirts so I didn't have to sew anything. Yes, I cheated! I used the arms to snag smaller circles to use for my bows.

Wondered when I was going to use this found fundangle!

A couple of vintage jewelry pieces that were calling out to me to use!

I ended up cutting the ends from my cream tee. I cut them for fringe on the ends. I really like how it turned out, but the true test will be tomorrow! Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment