Whose that crazy Chicken Lady?

Translate

Thursday, March 8, 2018

Someone I think you should know-Guest Post update with Jennifer Lindahl

It's been well over a year since I first posted this brave story about Jennifer's journey in healing from the heartbreaking loss of her child. 

During the time I interviewed her she was expecting. Nerves were a bit heightened of course. The outcome was marvelous and inspires hope for those that may have shied away from trying after such a loss. It has been wonderful to see pictures of her child in her arms, both all aglow with love and tenderness. I am happy to bring a update of this beautiful Mom and her baby.

I asked how the past affected her situation, she replied, "The past experience with losing my son made me more cautious and at times worried if I didn't feel Nicholas move or I had several times when I would spot very badly and was worried about miscarriage or early labor. I made sure to get checked more since I was considered high risk and not caring of the cost of tests or exams of ultrasounds I wanted to make sure if anything showed up that it would be caught in time. I was a nervous wreck the day of my scheduled c-section. 

I found out with my high risk doctor that I should of never and will never be able to give birth natural because my hips aren't big enough with the line up of carrying a baby out and will get stuck again like Gavin did so I had to have a c-section which on top of it being a major surgery was worried whether or not I be encountering the same situation that I was in 3 years ago at that time of giving birth to Nicholas, feel him move then the next he gone. 

It also made me appreciate my pregnancy too and do everything I wanted to with Gavin that I didn't because of cost or such, like 3D to 4D ultrasound that I ended up doing with Nicholas to have that memory in case something happen. I also documented more of my pregnancy."


When asked what advice  she would give if someone finds themselves in a high risk situation or possible loss of a child her response was to; "Hang onto your support system because it could be days after, weeks after, or years and you might have a moment where you just need someone to listen or even just a shoulder to cry on.

Also, don't ever be afraid to speak your mind about your child or talk about them or say whatever you want of situation. Those who care will be supportive those who aren't, you do not need in your life and shouldn't stress it."

She adds, "It might seem like life has forever ended and will never get better and honestly it will never be the same as it was before but through time and letting yourself grieve in whatever order and letting yourself truly ache for your child it does get easier but always miss your child you find a way to move forward in your own pace and how you want and keep however you want your child memory alive. 

Every year I try to do something on my son Gavin's birthday or help someone or family through some time in the year in memory of Gavin. I also display things of his throughout the house and talk about him as much as I like and want with no shame. In the end he was my child just like him or her was your child and you have every right whether ours have passed to talk and share their story whether born an angel or here for few hours, days,months or years you have every right just like those who are still here."

If anyone would like more information about finding light at a dark time or how participating in Gavin's Ray of light how can they reach you?


I can be reached on Facebook as Jennifer Lindahl. Just send me a message or add me. My email jrl0110@hotmail.com.


*Did you miss the original post? Find it here-Someone I think you should know *

No comments:

Post a Comment