Whose that crazy Chicken Lady?

Translate

Friday, March 30, 2012

Antiquing in Downstate Indiana!

I headed back up North after a short visit from my Bestie. I wish the visit could have been longer but I'm sure I will see him soon. On the way down to Indy I saw a billboard for Countryside Antique Mall in Thorntown, IN.

WAHOO!

A nice way to stretch out my legs and flex my bum (sorry to be graphic). This place was very cool! More antique things here then Beanie Babies or other random new collectibles. I was not disappointed! I felt bad that I didn't bring my good camera and I didn't take enough pictures.

So many lovely things! If you are ever traveling down 65 South/65 North and pass by Rte 52, stop by you won't be disappointed! There was a bunch of Carnival glass, antique/vintage books, lovely prim's... I was in Heaven.

Countryside Antique Mall
 4889 U.S. 52, Thorntown, IN
(765) 436-7200
Love this cabinet! It was a 3 piece item. LOVE!


This Guardian Angel picture was so adorable! 


I don't know why this box tickled me. Perhaps because of the thrills that it boasts. 
I've never had thrilling sweets myself. LOL!



To dang adorable child's cabinet! Looked like original glass and the applique 
on the bottom were still pretty decent. CUTE! 



I couldn't resist this little ensemble  below the cabinet above. The baby booties and the planter were so adorable! The baby bracelet in the lower corner was precious! 


This is a floral picture done with Ribbons! The picture does not do it justice. The colors were either faded from age or perhaps it was just the pale colors used but it spoke to me!
 

I'm not usually a Doll person but these 2 were lovely. I can imagine some little girl playing with them. Hosting a tea party or dancing with them. My girls were never into dolls so I sort of missed that phase.
 

This little display was a reminder for me that Easter is around the corner! 
Love the shabbiness and wear in these! 


Saw this on my way out! HAHAHA!
 

Most enjoyable time. I took about a half hour to cruise on in and out. Mainly because Mini Man was less then thrilled at how much time I was taking looking around. I also had the stroller which is HUGE, so I couldn't maneuver as freely as I wanted to. I still had a nice look...

No comments:

Post a Comment