Whose that crazy Chicken Lady?

My photo
Thank you for stopping in! I am Christian married to Mr. Awesome, who is my Helpmeet and cheerleader. We are a blended family of 5 kiddos and 2 beautiful Grandbabies! I am Domestic Abuse survivor/DV Advocate, Lyme Disease Warrior, avid crafter, blogger, vlogging, budding Herbalist,Birth Junkie, growing our own food, lover of dusty treasures and all around goofball.

Translate

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Repurposed crayons and outgrown overall's!

I hate throwing out stuff and if I can recycle, upcycle, repurpose, etc... These crayons have been staring me in the face for a few months, I have seen crayon projects of melting and putting in a muffin tin for awhile and I wanted something different of course now my juices are flowing and I intend to do alot more of these in a variety of shapes.
I was trying to find a empty can to do my melting in and Terry suggested using foil. I tried this for this project but do not recommend doing so in the future! Use a empty can, double boiler method if trying this! Also leave the widow open as this does get the house stinky!






I made bags out of the baby's outgrown overall's! I was debating whether to cut off the pants and in the end I kept them! On this pair I simply sewed the legs together. Careful of the snaps. I lost one needle on my machine due to the snap. GRRRFACE!
 On this pair I actually found some cute smiley fabric and sewed it to the opening between the legs! This came out adorable! Love them!
A different view. I had fun making these but at the same time I was a tad sad due to my little guy getting so dang big and so fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment