Whose that crazy Chicken Lady?

Translate

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Repurposed crayons and outgrown overall's!

I hate throwing out stuff and if I can recycle, upcycle, repurpose, etc... These crayons have been staring me in the face for a few months, I have seen crayon projects of melting and putting in a muffin tin for awhile and I wanted something different of course now my juices are flowing and I intend to do alot more of these in a variety of shapes.
I was trying to find a empty can to do my melting in and Terry suggested using foil. I tried this for this project but do not recommend doing so in the future! Use a empty can, double boiler method if trying this! Also leave the widow open as this does get the house stinky!






I made bags out of the baby's outgrown overall's! I was debating whether to cut off the pants and in the end I kept them! On this pair I simply sewed the legs together. Careful of the snaps. I lost one needle on my machine due to the snap. GRRRFACE!
 On this pair I actually found some cute smiley fabric and sewed it to the opening between the legs! This came out adorable! Love them!
A different view. I had fun making these but at the same time I was a tad sad due to my little guy getting so dang big and so fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment